The holidays are fast approaching, don’t let them sneak up on you! Get ahead of the curve with our Holiday Prep Guide!
Not only is it turkey season, but it’s also shopping season! Keep it local while we showcase these wonderful businesses!
Newell Furniture and Gifts
LeMond’s Motorsports in Fairfield
Jansen Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and RAM in Carmi
Salem Tire Center
Coldwell Banker J. David Thompson Realty
Parkway Shoe Repair in Mt. Vernon
Fifth Season Residential
This time of year can be hectic with the shopping, travel, family gatherings, parties, and so much more all wrapped up into one short timespan.
Take some time to plan ahead to reduce stress and headache.
- Get that Christmas gift list in order to avoid scrambling for last-minute gifts! Yes, this is a Thanksgiving prep guide, but it’s always good to be ahead of the game when it comes to the Christmas gifts. Planning ahead also helps you nail down the best deals on days like Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday. Sometimes even the best deals crop up before the big sales!
- Keep watch of the weather and make sure your travel plans are set and ready to go. Traveling by itself is stressful enough, traveling without a plan in mind amplifies your stress to level ten! Backup plans are always a good idea as well.
- If you’re hosting or doing the cooking yourself, make a list of everything you need and don’t wait until the last minute to go grocery shopping!! Trust us, it is NO FUN checking every grocer, corner store, or dollar store in town for that last item because the shelves were already cleared out… because you waited too long! If you can get as much as you can as early as you can, the better! (non-perishables of course!)
TOUCHDOWN! Football and Thanksgiving, an enduring tradition that shows no signs of changing soon. So you don’t have to go channel-surfing, here’s the Thanksgiving Day schedule, along with the first ever Black Friday game!
- Packers @ Lions – 11:30am on FOX
- Commanders @ Cowboys – 3:30pm on CBS
- 49ers @ Seahawks – 7:20pm on NBC
- Dolphins @ Jets – 2:00pm on Prime Video
Shopping, food, and football aside, Thanksgiving gives us a moment in our busy lives to come together with family and friends and share our gratitude for what we have with one another. Sometimes we just need a reminder to step back and be thankful for the things we have and the people in our lives. Being thankful for our health and the times we spend together. Sharing in the warmth of gathering with friends and family is one of the best parts of Thanksgiving, and we wouldn’t have it any other way. And yes, the food and a long weekend is an excellent bonus.
From all of us at Withers Broadcasting,